Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Boldmere St. Michaels FC app


2001 MJPL - Match centre

Rugby Town Junior Junior
Boldmere St. Michaels FC Official
Sat 15 Dec 10:30 - League Full time

The Mikes Ripped Apart


To easy for Rugby

The Mikes travelled to Kilsby Lane for a League game against Rugby Town Junior Juniors and with Casey, Ethan & Hayden not available and with Rugby having some good results it was going to be hard for the Mikes.

The game started with Rugby being in total control, dominating possession and moving the ball quickly in midfield with and the Rugby defensive midfielder was running the game from just in front of his defence and it took them only 5 minutes to take the lead as a long ball was defended badly by the Mikes defence with no one attacking the ball which allowed it to drop to the Rugby No.9 to fire home and make it 1-0. The Mikes kept going and as the half wore on started to get some success but the Rugby players had much the better of possession but they had two chances in quick succession on 19 minutes they cut through and Christopher shot was saved low by the keeper and the follow up by Ryan missed the target, and on 21 minutes Christopher was fouled some 25 yards out and the free-kick taken by Jack was slightly over hit with Christopher just getting his head to it but could not direct it on target. As the half wore on the Rugby players started to put the Mikes defence under more pressure and on 34 minutes they increased their lead when a good block by Lee feel straight to the to the No.9 to slot home giving George no chance and making it 2-0. The Rugby side were all over the Mikes with too many players not tracking runs and giving the ball away too easily and on 40 minutes they manoeuvred the ball well playing in the No.10 who had run from deep in midfield to take the ball past George and score in an open goal to make it 3-0 and the score remained the same till half time.

The second half started as the first ended with the Mikes being totally overrun in midfield and the Rugby No.4 had the freedom of the park to play passes under no pressure from the Mikes attacking midfielder but on 47 minutes Jack won a free-kick just outside the box when he was dragged back by the Rugby No.5 when trough on goal but the Referee took no action and from the resulting free-kick Jacks shot was spectacularly turned over by the Rugby keeper but was an easy save, but from the resulting corner the Mikes were caught on the brake and the Rugby No.11 raced clear to round George and pass the ball into an empty net and make it 4-0. The Mikes were going through the motions but there was no penetration and the Rugby defence were having an easy game and on 66 minutes some good passing on the edge of the Mikes area allowed the Rugby No.4 to stride through and lift the ball over George to make it 5-0, and on 71 minutes a defensive mistake by Adam allowed the No.9 in to fire past George and make it 6-0. The Mikes were now giving the ball away far too easily and on 73 minutes from a Mikes attack Jack was robbed of the ball on the edge of the Rugby box but the broke quickly and another defensive mistake allowed the No.17 to fire past George and make it 7-0, with all the goals flying past him George had a good game making some excellent save none better than on 85 minutes than from a long range shot he managed to spring across and turn the ball round the post but too many time he was let down by his defenders and on 89 minutes they stood of the Rugby No.10 allowing him to fire a great low shot into the corner giving George no chance and making the final score 8-0.

The FA SuperKicks app launched to kick-start children's play and learning

Team selection

Only authorised club members can view team selection.


Club sponsors